10 Jan 2014

Carbs and gasket kit arrived

I have been away this last week - a quick break with the family before I head north. Beautiful weather and a beach side apartment set the scene for a great week of swimming and surfing.

Meanwhile the gasket kit and carbs arrived.


I may well have jagged it again. I suspected that the carbs were left and right handed and that would have been a little undesirable; however turns out they are both left idle adjust which means I can arrange them to have the choke lever and idle adjust facing out on both sides. Unfortunately my inital concern was based on the fact that the idle adjust screw is missing on the second (right) carb.

Not a great concern since I need to buy a couple of sets of jets (main, pilot, needle and jet) so a couple of extra dollars is OK.

On the other hand I got thinking about maybe adding a bit of bling. These caught my eye the other night.


Whilst they are marketed for a VM26, the Mikuni catalog lists the idle adjust and air screw fit the VM34 as well. The carbs painted to match the engine with the black anodised screws might be the ticket. Think this over as it is on the frivelous end of the rebuild spectrum.



No comments:

Post a Comment